Transforming the Delivery of Education Content
Technological advancements have revolutionized the way society functions. It has also introduced innovations in the field of education such as Virtual Reality (VR) for education, Cloud Computing for education, 3D Printing, etc. ASPAM IIS, one of the best Schools in Sharjah believes that E-class is one such innovation that attempts to make the learning process more efficient and interactive.
Introduction to E-class
The model of E-class education combines instructional technology with digital teaching. It is a multi-layered initiative that offers tools to expand classes beyond a physical location. In addition to removing geographical boundaries, e-classes also help foster collaboration and nurture creativity among teachers & students. E-classes offer content on numerous delivery platforms (such as Thinkfic, Teachable, Learndash, etc.) that benefit students in multiple ways. For instance, the content is strategically developed after thorough research of the requirement and inclusion of rich visuals, animations, and sound to these content, aiming to make the subject interactive as well as exciting.
The platforms are available online & offline to cater to individuals across all groups. The content is accessible on pen-drive as well as on online platforms (such as YouTube). Additionally, schools opt for live classes (that are recorded and are accessible at all times) as part of their teaching methodology to develop students 24/7. The model of e-class education is disrupting traditional teaching & learning methods. Without changing much of the content, e-class has significantly transformed the ‘delivery of educational content’.
What’s in it for Schools?
This robust e-class environment meets the modern needs of teachers & students. Facilitating learning practice, strengthening school and home link, enhancing communication, and ensuring exceptional analytical, as well as operational systems, are some of the major reasons for E-class’s wide acceptance.
Schools offering quality education are often limited to a few students. Limited infrastructure and limited seats tend to limit opportunities. However, with e-class, a school can reach a wider range of students and may provide quality education to someone sitting miles away. Similarly, schools can ask subject matter experts to give guest lectures from a distant location. All this and much more is now possible because of the e-class model.
Also, the schools will have full control over the delivery methods and the content, thus will be able to maintain high standards in each & every class.
Advantages of E-class
Taking over the traditional education system, e-class offers many benefits. Some of the following advantages are:
- Transforming any physical location into a classroom
- Interactive and engaging content.
- Online as well as offline.
- Tracking progress.
- Quick revision.
Difference Between Traditional Classroom and E-class
- Learning style: In traditional classes, there is no emphasis on independent learning; however, in the e-class model, students are motivated for independent learning and are required to be self-directed.
- Learning pace: E-class offers flexibility to its students. In traditional classrooms, once a student missed a lecture, there is no other alternative available except for peer notes. Such is not the case with e-class. The lectures are available at all times and students can revisit classes to revise or learn concepts.
- Technology: E-classes require students and teachers to have basic knowledge of computers and software to utilize the tools properly. Such is not the case with traditional classes.
Ways of Communication in E-class
Following are some of the ways in which a student can interact with the teacher and vice versa in an e-class:
- Chat rooms
- Message boards
- Video conferencing
- Instant messaging